Home Page

Spirituality for Women Over 40

Who are you and what really matters? Our life's journey and connection to Source, Spirit or Highter Power can give our lives meaning and purpose. Take the time to discover the secrets of your soul and learn what matters and how you can best serve others and yourself. Love deeply and dance like no one is looking. (Very soon we will be installing a forum community here - visit often.)

Denise Michaels

 

Don't miss out!

Check out

our Advertising

Partners now!

 

 

Previous Posts:


  • Quotes on Immortality by Ernest Holmes By Denise M...

  • Spirituality -VS- Religion (Part 2 of 2)By Deborah...

  • My Shocking Visit with KarenBy Denise MichaelsKare...

  • Thanks for the Blessings You've Brought to My Life...

  • Please Send a Prayer or Good Thoughts if You Read ...

  • Spirituality -VS- Religion(Part 1 of 2)by: Deborah...

  • Cowboy Spirituality(Part 4 of 4)By Phyllis Coletta...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 3 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 2 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 1 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...


  •  

     

     
     


    Denise Michaels
    Author, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"
    MarketingForHer.com

     

    Visit our advertising partners. They can provide you with products and services that will improve your life.  They support this blog so we can provide you with high quality information.

     

    At age 47, Denise Michaels says with a smile, “Maybe I’m a late bloomer, I’m finally coming into my own.”

     

    In 2005 Denise became a published author with her myth-shattering book, “Testosterone-Free Marketing.” Since 2003 she’s lost 120 pounds and is keeping it off.  She’s been in a loving relationship with her soulmate Ernie since 1997. “I’ve learned a thing or two about overcoming obstacles and achieving big goals,” she adds.

     

    If you own a business, check out her book, “Testosterone-Free Marketing." It will help you be a confident, woman business owner and put more profits in your purse without clobbering the competition or being a pushy salesperson.  Go to DeniseMichaels.com for more information.  Also, get more exciting information about marketing for you at MarketingforHer.com

    Denise is passionate about supporting others to go for their dream. That's why she created this resource site - to help you - the 40+ woman. It’s about providing useful information to help you get more of what you want – more love, more money, less stress, better health.  It’s all important.

    Contact

     

    This weblog is supported by your donations. Quality information and resources are alive and well at "Great Ideas for Women Over 40." Also, be

    sure to support our advertising partners in the right hand column of each blog. Click on the ones that interest you and check them out. Have fun while you're here and keep reading!

    Powered by Blogger



    Sunday, November 20, 2005

    A Fitting Memorial

    By Denise Michaels

    I just sent this in an email to Karen, my friend who just lost her husband, soulmate and best friend. Ernie and I attended the memorial service and wake today.

    "What a wonderful memorial service and wake afterward. You did an amazing job. Everyone I talked to remarked about what a beautiful service it was. And you picked such an elegant space. The chapel was lovely and truly reflected the greatness that is Duncan.

    Karen, I have a confession to make. I have a tough time with funerals and memorial services. Dabbing at my eyes in a vain attempt to stop the tears before they spill onto my cheeks. I'm a mess every time. And Ernie and I have been to what seems like more than our share the last couple years. Ernie's come to expect this of me. *wink*

    As I listened to the speakers and singers today I thought why the tears?

    The word that came to my consciousness was "regret."

    I thought - why? What did I have to regret? I didn't have any "unfinished business" with Duncan.

    Maybe I was feeling regret because even though this has been a good year - in fact a triumphant year - I'm close to my weight loss goal and finally getting my book out to the world - I know I'm still holding back. I've been acutely aware of that every day since I got the phone call that Duncan made his transition and passed away. Wow - we never know how long we have. It's important to live every day to the fullest like Duncan. But today there was more.

    In all the tributes, the kind words and the party afterward, I kept thinking, "I'm not sure I ever told Duncan how much I appreciated his smiling, ebullient self. I would seek him out just to get a terrific bearhug, enjoy his smile and bask in his words of encouragement."

    After leaving the wake, we took our mutual friend Art to the airport. I told Art and Ernie as we drove, "I don't think I ever told Duncan that. I can't even think why I wouldn't say those words to him. Gosh, we sure take people we like for granted sometimes."

    There are a lot of lessons we can get from a death. It can be a reminder to take care of our health, live life more fully, get closer to God or Spirit or something else. But the lesson from Duncan's death is to be more cognizant about telling people how much I appreciate them and why. Be more present to what I see and like in others and more generous sharing that.

    Years ago I took the Dale Carnegie class. The first assignment was to write a letter telling someone we cared about or loved - not just that we cared - but WHY we cared. Be specific in our acknowledgement. As we dropped Art off at the airport I said, "Art, I love you, I appreciate you as my friend and I value your wisdom." He just beamed.

    I told Ernie, "That's how I want to honor Duncan - as my personal memorial to him - be more consciously aware of acknowledging others and take an extra minute to tell them why I care." That moment I felt Duncan's presence in the car. It was as if he was squished in our small back seat with his hand on my shoulder smiling and nodding.

    Love you,

    Denise!!


    posted by Denise Michaels @ 9:05 PM  0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home