Home Page

Spirituality for Women Over 40

Who are you and what really matters? Our life's journey and connection to Source, Spirit or Highter Power can give our lives meaning and purpose. Take the time to discover the secrets of your soul and learn what matters and how you can best serve others and yourself. Love deeply and dance like no one is looking. (Very soon we will be installing a forum community here - visit often.)

Denise Michaels

 

Don't miss out!

Check out

our Advertising

Partners now!

 

 

Previous Posts:


  • Please Send a Prayer or Good Thoughts if You Read ...

  • Spirituality -VS- Religion(Part 1 of 2)by: Deborah...

  • Cowboy Spirituality(Part 4 of 4)By Phyllis Coletta...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 3 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 2 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 1 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...

  • Going Beyond - Freedom from Religious Hierarchy (...

  • Going Beyond - Freedom from Religious Hierarchy (...

  • Going Beyond - Freedom from Religious Hierarchy (...

  • Spirituality: The Missing Link in Mind-Body Medicine


  •  

     

     
     


    Denise Michaels
    Author, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"
    MarketingForHer.com

     

    Visit our advertising partners. They can provide you with products and services that will improve your life.  They support this blog so we can provide you with high quality information.

     

    At age 47, Denise Michaels says with a smile, “Maybe I’m a late bloomer, I’m finally coming into my own.”

     

    In 2005 Denise became a published author with her myth-shattering book, “Testosterone-Free Marketing.” Since 2003 she’s lost 120 pounds and is keeping it off.  She’s been in a loving relationship with her soulmate Ernie since 1997. “I’ve learned a thing or two about overcoming obstacles and achieving big goals,” she adds.

     

    If you own a business, check out her book, “Testosterone-Free Marketing." It will help you be a confident, woman business owner and put more profits in your purse without clobbering the competition or being a pushy salesperson.  Go to DeniseMichaels.com for more information.  Also, get more exciting information about marketing for you at MarketingforHer.com

    Denise is passionate about supporting others to go for their dream. That's why she created this resource site - to help you - the 40+ woman. It’s about providing useful information to help you get more of what you want – more love, more money, less stress, better health.  It’s all important.

    Contact

     

    This weblog is supported by your donations. Quality information and resources are alive and well at "Great Ideas for Women Over 40." Also, be

    sure to support our advertising partners in the right hand column of each blog. Click on the ones that interest you and check them out. Have fun while you're here and keep reading!

    Powered by Blogger



    Saturday, November 12, 2005

    Thanks for the Blessings You've Brought to My Life

    By Denise Michaels

    Last night I posted in this blog about my friend Duncan. I got the phone call just over 24 hours ago from a mutual friend that he made his transition. For whatever reason his time on planet earth was over.

    Duncan and Karen were generous with their heart, their time and their money. They were very successful people. This summer they started a charitable foundation and funded it with over a million dollars. That was his personal mission. I was talking with a girlfriend on the phone today and she said she got chills as she realized that when Duncan announced this accomplishment he said, "Now I'm happy. Now I can relax and take it easy."

    Ernie and I lost four people who were close to us in 2004 (this is the 5th). His mom made her transition three years ago. With each transition what I take with me are the wonderful memories of how each person and friendship impacted my life for the better.

    The people who said, "You can do it, Denise," Or, "Trust yourself" and "I'm so proud of you." They were God in human form pushing me to do and be my best. Each one - Duncan, Bruce, Mary-Beth, Rhonda and Kenny had their own way. They pushed me to stand a little taller and feel a little more courageous in my own skin to do some of the things I'm doing now as an author, a speaker and a bit of an outrageous and authentic personality. Living my mission.

    If you've ever wondered where I get the galloping chutzpah to say and do some of the crazy things I do - believe me I wouldn't have two years ago. I know none of us gets out of here alive. We have one opportunity to make our mark in the world. Life is no dress rehearsal. I don't want to come to the end of my life and say, "If I only had...."

    With Duncan's passing I'm sifting through the memories of his encouragement, his bearhugs, his ever-present smile and his corny sense of humor. He was like this God-light in jeans, cowboy boots and a Hawaiian shirt. I always knew I was blessed to know both Karen and Duncan as a couple - both truly stellar people.

    Karen now becomes even more dear as a friend. I've made a vow to myself to spend more time with her as she now makes a big unexpected shift - from wife to widow.

    As tough as it's been - having all these deaths of important people - there's been a good learning lesson for me. I'm closer to Spirit and relying on that conscious connection with God more consistently. I'm more compassionate and more grateful. I know how to support a person who's just lost a loved one. I'm at ease giving them permission to talk, unfold and say what needs to be said. I also have more patience and understanding about the process of grieving and it's value.

    Don't miss an opportunity to encourage another person, see their light and potential (the God inside) and give them a smile and a hug. You might not always see the difference in them right away. It might take awhile for your words to percolate inside until they bubble over and use them for good in their life. But you never know. You might just change their life for the better in ways that go wayyyyyy beyond the reach of your own lifespan.

    Thank you Duncan, Bruce, Mary-Beth, Rhonda and Kenny.

    Mission accomplished.

    All the best,

    Denise Michaels
    Author, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"


    posted by Denise Michaels @ 11:54 PM  1 comments

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Denise, your posts have really touched me. Last year I lost my sister after a four year battle with cancer. I spent much of the last year of her life with her. This experience has taught me more about human dignity and grace than anything else.

    More times than I can count, I have felt like I was in the presence of the Christ or Buddha, when I looked upon her. What filled me with the most wonder was her smile, her ability to think about the comfort of others, their feelings and needs, while this disease ravaged her body with such ferocity.

    I am so sorry for your loss, but happy and grateful for the beautiful memories and blessings you carry within you for having known Duncan and your other loved ones. They are with you, as I know my sister is with me.

    What's so wonderful is that their lives continue to bless others, not only through the seeds they, themselves planted, but by the open hearts of those who loved them and who share their memories and inspiration with others.

    Thank you for sharing yours.

    Blessings,
    Demian,
    ~DreamSinger

    7:59 AM   Post a Comment

    << Home