Home Page

Spirituality for Women Over 40

Who are you and what really matters? Our life's journey and connection to Source, Spirit or Highter Power can give our lives meaning and purpose. Take the time to discover the secrets of your soul and learn what matters and how you can best serve others and yourself. Love deeply and dance like no one is looking. (Very soon we will be installing a forum community here - visit often.)

Denise Michaels

 

Don't miss out!

Check out

our Advertising

Partners now!

 

 

Previous Posts:


  • Thanks for the Blessings You've Brought to My Life...

  • Please Send a Prayer or Good Thoughts if You Read ...

  • Spirituality -VS- Religion(Part 1 of 2)by: Deborah...

  • Cowboy Spirituality(Part 4 of 4)By Phyllis Coletta...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 3 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 2 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...

  • Cowboy Spirituality (Part 1 of 4)By Phyllis Colet...

  • Going Beyond - Freedom from Religious Hierarchy (...

  • Going Beyond - Freedom from Religious Hierarchy (...

  • Going Beyond - Freedom from Religious Hierarchy (...


  •  

     

     
     


    Denise Michaels
    Author, "Testosterone-Free Marketing"
    MarketingForHer.com

     

    Visit our advertising partners. They can provide you with products and services that will improve your life.  They support this blog so we can provide you with high quality information.

     

    At age 47, Denise Michaels says with a smile, “Maybe I’m a late bloomer, I’m finally coming into my own.”

     

    In 2005 Denise became a published author with her myth-shattering book, “Testosterone-Free Marketing.” Since 2003 she’s lost 120 pounds and is keeping it off.  She’s been in a loving relationship with her soulmate Ernie since 1997. “I’ve learned a thing or two about overcoming obstacles and achieving big goals,” she adds.

     

    If you own a business, check out her book, “Testosterone-Free Marketing." It will help you be a confident, woman business owner and put more profits in your purse without clobbering the competition or being a pushy salesperson.  Go to DeniseMichaels.com for more information.  Also, get more exciting information about marketing for you at MarketingforHer.com

    Denise is passionate about supporting others to go for their dream. That's why she created this resource site - to help you - the 40+ woman. It’s about providing useful information to help you get more of what you want – more love, more money, less stress, better health.  It’s all important.

    Contact

     

    This weblog is supported by your donations. Quality information and resources are alive and well at "Great Ideas for Women Over 40." Also, be

    sure to support our advertising partners in the right hand column of each blog. Click on the ones that interest you and check them out. Have fun while you're here and keep reading!

    Powered by Blogger



    Monday, November 14, 2005

    My Shocking Visit with Karen

    By Denise Michaels

    Karen called me this morning at 6:30 am while I was out walking. I got the message from Ernie and called her back as soon as I got home. We talked for a little while. She alternates between amazingly strong and understandably teary at moments.

    I had a couple meetings but afterwards my intuition (which I always figure is God) told me to go over to the house for a visit. I stopped at the whole foods market first, bought a couple bags of groceries and dropped by unannounced. I knew if I called in advance and asked she would say something like, "Oh that's okay, you don't need to do that."

    She looked so incredibly normal. Not tear-streaked, though I know she's cried a lot. Not tired - though she told me she hasn't slept well the last three nights. Her hair was done and she had lipstick on and the shocking part was the straightforward honesty and courage with which she is handling having the man she's loved for so many years wrenched from her life. Her light shines through. She's still Karen: funny, smart, gracious and kind.

    Karen has total trust in God that all will be well. Her gratitude for everything she's had in the past and everything she has now is palpable and makes me feel humble by comparison. She has some dear friends staying with her for a couple more days - so she is not alone at this time and she's grateful for that friendship as well.

    She's been so busy returning messages, handling phone calls and making arrangements she hadn't eaten since waking up - and it was about noon when I dropped over with crackers, dip fruits, veggies, salmon, chicken and a Dutch Apple Pie. (Karen always liked dessert and got a big smile when she saw the pie in the grocery bag. Something sweet.) She invited Ernie and I back to dinner this evening.

    When she hugged me she said, "Denise, this is so weird." I told her I couldn't even imagine how tough it would be. After years of having Ernie in my life every day - talking, sharing, hugging, making decisions, making love - all those normal couple things and then suddenly he's gone - that would tear me up. She nodded silently. But by drawing on her strength and asking for divine guidance during this difficult transition I know she'll be okay. We all can be okay during tough times no matter what the circumstances. It's always our choices that make the big difference.

    Karen sees this as the next phase of her life to learn and grow from. Not one she would have wished for - but one she said she will figure out and discover as she goes along. As she walked me to the door she said, "I don't want people to think of me as 'the widow.' I don't want them feeling sorry for me. I've been blessed with 17 fantastic years with a wonderful, spiritual man - that's a lot more than a lot of people ever have."

    All the best,

    Denise Michaels


    posted by Denise Michaels @ 3:11 PM  1 comments

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Denise Michaels said...

    I showed up at Karen's door this morning at 10 am and said, "C'mon, let's go walking." I just had a hunch that she probably hadn't done that in quite awhile and she was so grateful for someone pulling her from behind her desk to go outdoors and enjoy a little sunshine and endorphins.

    She quickly put on her tennies and we went out and walked under a brilliant, blue, sun-shiney day for about a half hour. She admitted that she hadn't done any exercise since all this happened.

    I let her set the pace and she said, "I know right where we'll go and I want to talk to my mountain." To know Karen is to know saying something like that is totally in character.

    We got to our turnaround point right in view of the red rocks that Las Vegas locals are so known for. With a big smile she shouted out some wonderful positive affirmations then turned to me and said, "Life is good." We hugged and then turned around and went back home.

    I'm so inspired by her.

    1:21 PM   Post a Comment

    << Home